With turkey season in full swing in many states or just ending in others, here is a simple recipe that takes little to no time to make. The weather is warming and the grill is calling our names, so let’s answer that call. I promise you these Kabobs will be the hit at any BBQ this summer.
This recipes uses Tequila and I know many of you are worried about that. Don’t worry, the alcohol burns off and leaves you only with the mild agave flavor. If you are still concerned with liquor in this dish you can easily remove it.
Grilled wild turkey Tequila & cilantro lime kabob
1 wild turkey breast, cubed
¼ cup gold tequila
¼ lime juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large red onion, sliced
2 large bells peppers, sliced
- In large glass bowl mix tequila, lime juice, garlic, cumin, pepper, cilantro, red pepper flakes and oil, mix.
- Add turkey breast chunks, mix and cover, refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- While meat is marinating, soak your wooden skewers
- Pull meat from fridge and start to assemble, onion, meat, pepper, meat & repeat.
- Over medium heat on grill, grill each kabob for 5 mins each side.
- If your kabobs start to burn move to a cooler area on grill
- Remove from grill and enjoy
“If you don’t have a grill and still want to make these you can bake your Kabobs @375 for 35-40 minutes”