If you’re looking for a great gift idea for that outdoors person in your life I’ve got a deal for you. I was contacted by the manufacturer to try out and review for FREE Bass Pro Shops newest Redhead Vacuum Sealer with bags. They also asked if I could create a recipe using the new vacuum sealer. So here is that review and recipe. Enjoy. Again I do not work for Bass Pro or the manufacturer, this is my honest opinion on a free product.
At first look this vacuum sealer has a very sleek design with a very low profile. I’ve owned other vacuum sealers that are so big and bulky you don’t really want to leave them out on the kitchen counter, but this one can easily be left out taking up very little space. If you are a DIY butcher when it comes to your wild game meat this little sealer packs perfectly in your bag for deer camp.
The sealer came with two rolls of vacuum bags. These rolls are not precut so you can create any size bag you need for any size job. With a simple press of the button you can seal one side of the bag in under 10 seconds. Next you fill the bag with whatever you want to seal, close the lid and press vacuum and seal, sit back and watch as the magic happens and the sealer takes all the air from around your desired item.
I vacuum sealed everything from leftovers to freshly hunted and butcher venison and wild boar.
One small thing I noticed is that the sealer does not like to seal if the bag gets wet. How the sealer works is by heat, so if there is moister on the bag where the sealer is trying to seal the sealer cannot heat up and get that tight seal. This did not play too much into the portion of me testing the bag. But I felt it did need to be mentioned if I am being an honest reviewer. If you make sure you pat dry your meat before you put in bag you will avoid this small problem.
All in all I would give this sealer a solid 9.5/10 taking 1/2 a point off forthe moisture problem. But again if you take the time to make sure your food is as dry as possible before sealer starts this problem gets tossed out the window.
Find out the killer Black Friday deals found in stores only this Black Friday on this Redhead Vacuum Sealer as well as other products by clicking link below.
Bass Pro Shops Black Friday Deal <- Link Alert!!
Now let’s get into a delicious wild game recipe with this great Redhead Vacuum Sealer.
From Field to Plate
Many people think you have to marinate your meats 12-24 hours to infuse the flavor inside the meat. This is true in many cases, but your meat is like a sponge.
With just a little marinade on your meat and a vacuum seal you can cut down that marinating time by hours. In this recipe I am using the new Redhead Vacuum Sealer to cut down that time. Shall we begin?
2 Wild game steaks
1 cup of teriyaki sauce (homemade or store bought)
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 large green bell pepper, sliced
½ red onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Season each steak with salt and pepper
- In shallow dish dip each piece of meat in teriyaki sauce. One side then the other and set aside
- In vacuum sealer bag add meat on the bottom of bag
- Next add the garlic followed by the onion then the peppers. By adding the veggies last you are creating a moister barrier a veggie wall keeping the liquid away from the top of the bag. This will also drag the teriyaki sauce to the veggies.
- Vacuum and seal the meat then place in fridge for 2-3 hours. Normally you have to leave meat in marinade for 10-12 hours even over night for it to absorb the flavors. But by taking out the air you are forcing the sauce deep into the fibers of the meat. Just like a sponge soaking up water, the meat is soaking up the sauce.
- Remove from the fridge and allow to rest at room temperature for 15-20 minutes
- While meat is resting heat grill to high heat
- Remove meat from sealer bag and add to heated grill alongside the veggies
- Grill from 5 minutes each side or until your desired doneness have been reached.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with your favorite side.
Thank you so much to manufacturer for giving me this great product to try out and review. Again check out the link to see the killer deal on this Redhead Vacuum Sealer and many other great redhead products. If you missed the link above here is another one
Bass Pro Shops Black Friday Deal <- link alert