Fall is finally here and the temperatures are dropping fast. College and professional football are in full swing. Most of us are spending our days in tree stands, freezing in duck blinds or spot and stalking. The last thing in your mind is coming home after a long day in the field and creating a delicious dinner, Right? Here is a recipe that takes little to no time to make and best part is its ready when you get home from a long day hunting. (Bonus your house smells killer all day long!)
I have the privilege of trying out Weston’s New Reeltree Outfitters Slow Cooker for this crazy delicious soup recipe. This 8qt beast of a slow cooker is perfect for those extra-large families or people like me who create more so I can enjoy leftovers for days. Check it out the price is super affordable and who doesn’t love a Camo Slow Cooker on their counter? Link Alert “Weston Reeltree Outfitters Slow Cooker”
So let’s get down to the crazy good recipe shall we? I’d love to hear feedback on any and all of my recipes. If you feel I should add or take away something let me know. That being said here is my latest creation….
Venison & Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
From Field To Plate
1-2 pounds ground Venison (Or any game meat)
4-6 cups stock (chicken, beef, homemade wild game)
5-6 medium potatoes, cubed
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 tablespoon cracked pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
5 cloves of garlic minced
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ cup flour
2 cups milk
1 pound of bacon
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz cream cheese, cubed and softened
- Start out by browning your meat with 1/2 pound of bacon chopped up, ¼ cup of onions, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and ¼ tablespoon of cracked pepper (You do not need to brown your meat beforehand. I choose to because I like building flavor and depth. If you choose not to brown your meat skip this step and move on to step two.)
- Take the bacon and cook it up. Chop it up into small pieces. Take half and reserve it for later. The other half add to the slow cooker.
- In slow cooker add the following ingredients; Ground meat, onions, garlic, pepper, salt, Worcestershire, stock, cream cheese, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and parsley. Mix all ingredients and set your slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours of high for 6-8 hours.
- With an hour left in cooking time whisk together flour and milk add to slow cooker along with 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Cook 1 more hour or until you’re ready to eat
- Now let’s plate this dish. I love to add homemade onion rings, cheese, green onions and bacon to the top of my family’s bowls. My daughters love adding sour cream and avocado. My wife spices hers up with jalapenos. Use your imagination and have fun
- Eat and Enjoy!